Where It All Began
February 2020 marks the seventh birthday of our family owned Barossa Valley based licensed café – Red Door espresso.
As the Head Chef and owner, along with my partner Jason Moulds, daughter Penelope DeRuiter and tight knit local team, we hope we have created a welcoming café for locals and visitors to relax and enjoy quality, seasonal food, music, and gourmet beverages.
Red Door espresso is proud to able to cater for:
- Mums, dads and grandparents, who can relax inside or out with their kids or meet in groups to catch up for coffee in a truly child friendly café.
- Wheelchair access via a ramp to the front door and relaxing courtyard.
- Tourists from across the globe who visit this world-famous wine region.
- Business owners who hold meetings over a lunch or platters.
- Celebrities who pop in on occasion!
- Dogs – four legged friends are welcome in the garden courtyard or on the front verandah.
We look forward to welcoming you to Red Door espresso real soon.
Dining With Us
Kick back and relax, we want you to have a great time here with us. We will look after you at the table.
Here are some things you should know while you dine with us?
Split bills? That’s fine, we love them! Please allow extra time at our front counter for our staff to help you.
Allergies or dietary requirements? We have you sorted! We have vegetarian, gluten free and vegan meals. Please let one of our team members know if you have an allergy so we can help you.
Loving the vibe and your experience? We are a small family run business and would love if you could take the time to leave us a review. If something is not quite right please don’t be afraid to bring it to our attention. We employ some fantastic humans, not robots.
Red Door espresso has a zero tolerance policy for any disrespectful behavior towards our staff, other patrons and our café. Please be kind and enjoy your experience with us.
Lastly, we are so happy that you are supporting a small business, female owned and managed. Thank you!
What We Are About
Red Door espresso is devoted to using local, traceable and sustainable produce as it shines the spotlight on delicious local Barossa Valley ingredients and continues our fierce commitment to providing sumptuous food that is baked, made or grown with our own hands.
Not only does employing local ensure a low carbon footprint on travel, but as sticklers for training, we ensure each of our team learn the hospitality craft and the beauty of the Barossa to carry with them well into their future careers.
Our food packaging including straws, napkins, takeaway coffee cups, takeaway milkshake cups, takeaway cake containers and much more is sustainable. Biopak is rapidly renewable, sustainably sourced with plant based materials.
We recycle our newspapers, milk bottles, soft drink, wine and beer bottles. Our milk lids get donated to Helping Hands where they transform the bottle lids into prosthetic hands, 3D filament and other usable items
Water Saving Toilets
We use eco friendly toilet paper and our toilets are water saving toilets, so don’t be alarmed as the hand basin water turns itself off automatically.
Seaonal & Local Produce
Our menu changes seasonally, so that we are able to source fresh ingredients currently in season. A large proportion of these ingredients are locally sourced enabling us to support our growers / community and showcase the regional produce.
More Fun Facts
- Apex Bakery in Tanunda is our supplier for our rustic sourdough bread, scones and rolls.
- Our Ham for our Famous Green Eggs Benedict comes from Thornby Butchers in Tanunda.
- Amanti Coffee, Golden Moka is our house blend, or you may choose our stronger blend R.I.P Wake the Dead.
- Our tea range is loose leaf – restore balance and harmony with our range of flavours.
- Gelista scoop ice cream. Australian made, owned and operated. Unique artisan style gelato, produced in small batches.
- Fruit and vegetables – we use only fresh fruit in all of our juices and smoothies and market fresh veggies in all of our meals
- Barossa and south Australian wines – 90% of our wines list is sourced straight from the Barossa or Adelaide Hills
- Torzi Matthews is our supplier for our first pressed olive oil and Kalamata olives
Hours of Operation
7.30 am – 5:00pm
8:00am – 5.00pm
We are closed – Sunday is our family time.
We are closed from 4pm on 21 December 2019 & reopening on Monday 6 January 2020.
If you are trying to book online on the day, we may not be able to accommodate you. Our friendly team would still like to hear from you so give use a call on
08 8563 1181.
Drop Us a Line
Don’t be shy. Let us know if you have any questions!